SG Enable’s Online Resources for People with Disabilities including autism and intellectual disability
Superhero Me educational resource package for developing self-care skills and understanding routine changes and protective measures due to COVID-19
Special Care Kit for people with Special Needs by IMH, NUH, KKH
Supporting Individuals with Autism through Uncertain Times: content, strategies, and resources by FPG Child Development Institute of UNC
Autistica has a range of materials and hosting expert webinars to help you and your family through this difficult time with quality evidence-led advice.
Free TV Channels
Singtel: [scroll right to the bottom to see the list of channels]
CatchPlay (use promo code LOVEKIND to get free movie)
Advisory against watching free movies/TV or apps that friends send you because they were “unlocked” due to COVID-19:
1) Amazon Global Audiobooks are free: with content ranging from preschool to classic literature, no download of apps, no login required, no advertising, with languages like English, German, French, Italian and Japanese.
2) Cambridge Publishing offers 700 online reading editions of their books until the end of May, including Christian and theological works:
3) Online Broadway Musical for free:
4) Scholastic has created a free learn-from-home site with 20+ days of learning and activities:
5) Free online virtual visit to 17 museums in Europe:
6) Go on a virtual tour of these 12 famous museums:
7) Awesome free curriculum: everything from preschool activities to 12th grade is here:
8) List of thinking games by grade:
9) CodeAcademy Pro (scholarship):
10) Mental Health Support (for caretakers feeling stressed, but much of this is US-based):
11) Springer Nature is providing free access to a range of essential textbooks from all disciplines (institutional access only):
More awesome free learning websites:
Not forgetting YouTube Channels
- Crash Course Kids
- Free School
- Geeek Gurl Diaries (programming)
- Geography Focus
- Kids Learning Tube
- Mike Likes Science
- National Geographic Kids
- Science Channel
- SciShow Kids | Scishow
- Science Max
Other Learning Resources
- Beast Academy (Math)
- Creative Bug
- Curiosity Stream
- Discovery Education
- Khan Academy
- Tynker (coding for kids)
Other Learning Resources (Adults)
- Music: Guitar, bass and ukulele| Guitar Lessons | Piano Lessons
- Ivy League Online Courses | Harvard University
- OpenLearn (Open University)
- Shaw Academy (30 days free trial)
- Photography: Nikon | Professional Photographers of America
Workaround for StarHub’s DNS outrage
1. Open the Control Panel from the Start menu
2. Click Network and sharing Center
3. Click Change adapter settings
4. Right click on your active network adapter (WiFI) & choose properties
5. Choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click properties
6. Enter the new DNS servers into the boxes under “Use the following DNS server addresses
Preferred DNS server: “184.108.40.206”
Alternate DNS server: “220.127.116.11”
1. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences. The window shown below appears.
2. Select Network. The window shown below appears.
3. Select a network interface from the sidebar. …
4. Click Advanced.
5. Click the DNS tab.
6. Click the + button to add a new DNS server.
7. Enter “18.104.22.168”
8. Click OK and Apply
1. Go to settings
2. Select Wi-Fi
3. Select your Wi-Fi router
4. Select Configure DNS, Manual
5. Add server 22.214.171.124
1. Open the Settings on the device.
2. Select Wi-Fi.
3. Long press your current network, then select Modify network.
4. Mark Show advanced options check box.
5. Change IP settings to Static.
6. Add the DNS servers IPs to the DNS 1, and DNS 2 fields: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
7. Press Save button, disconnect from the network, and reconnect for changes to take effect